• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAL issue, help

paroxysym

NAXJA Forum User
so io added my RE AAL to the spare packs i had, got the center pin in and bolted down, the liners in. now its clamp time, and the arch in the AAL is so great that i dont think ill be able to clamp the pack together. any suggestions on how to get this done? c-clamp? have someone stand on it? lol. i great need suggestions on this.

Usually I've seen it done with a pair of big C-clamps, one on either side of the center pin, tighten them down, then the center pin, then the clamps, etc etc.

i didnt need clmaps for the center pin, slide it in- pushed down on the top couple leafs and tightened the bolt. the clamps i didnt get to last night and i plan on doing them today when i get home. the AAL still has a little space between the XJ main leaf and itself. im hoping a c-clamp will get rid of that space so i can get a clamp on the whole pack.

when i did my AALs I used a big C-clamp and clamped the whole pack together and then tightened the center pin and clamped the pack. It makes life real easy with a big C-clamp or 2.

Back