• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Leefs

AdidasCJ

NAXJA Forum User
So many on you remember me posting about a lift kit for my cherokee. Well many talked about putting my own together from various parts from all different lifts.

Well i have the front coils and LCA installed. About 4inch of lift up front.
So now i need to get the rear leefs. What do people think i should be looking for? 4.5 plus shackles or 4.5 pack? And by who?

And for the front im looking into the RE Quick Discos from a jeeper saling them on here.

Also will need shocks. Again who in your opionion should i go with that is decently priced?:windows:

if you really wanna save some cash, look into a bastard pack. shocks, i dunno but check around for sales here.

for the front if you have any kind of welding knowledge, you can just extend your stock pieces and make ur own quick disco's like i did for 4 dollars =)
newcustomdisconnect2.jpg

please tell me you replaced the whole rod with a longer one and didnt just cut it and butt weld a piece in the middle :shocked:

please tell me you replaced the whole rod with a longer one and didnt just cut it and butt weld a piece in the middle :shocked:

i didnt just "butt" them up i ground them down to a point, welded like a mini root pass, did a couple fillers then capped it, all with 7018 rod, then ground down the bead's. its all new metal holding it together from the inside out, it wasnt just a 1 pass sorta job...

i couldnt press out the bushing and i didnt want to destroy the one in there so that was my only other option because i cant afford 100 dollar quick disco's

I've got some bastard packs you can have for a 6 pack, good for probably 3 inches of lift. They need bushings. added: they need clamps too!

I also have some shackles you could buy cheap, http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xj_shackles.html
I will have to look around for the hardware though.

And Mike... IF I ran a front sway (which I don't) and I wanted to extend the links I have enough faith in my welding.

Last edited:
I've got some bastard packs you can have for a 6 pack, good for probably 3 inches of lift. They need bushings. added: they need clamps too!

I also have some shackles you could buy cheap, http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xj_shackles.html
I will have to look around for the hardware though.

And Mike... IF I ran a front sway (which I don't) and I wanted to extend the links I have enough faith in my welding.

You sir have a PM:geek:

Back