• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help with a brake line issue

MaxxXJ

NAXJA Forum User
ok, i was searching online and noticed that the 84-89 the brake lines were different than the brake lines of 90-01, whats the difference between the 2?

i ask because i just bought a pair off a friends 88 w/o realizing that there was a difference. should i sell the ones i got off him or is there an adaptor i can use?

You don't want to be using an adaptor on something like brake lines... keep the component count to a minimum on an important system like that. New rubber lines for a 90-01 are less than 15 bucks a pop at rockauto (look under Brake/Wheel Hub -> Hydraulic Hose) - when I have to choose between 40 bucks and a chance I will die, I'll take the former.

it seems like the numbers are all over the board with extended brake lines... skyjacker even posts 84-01 on their extended lines. i just dont want to remove my brake lines first then go to put them on and have to reinstall the factory ones.

reason i need longer than factory is because im now lifted 4 inches higher than stock

lol i already have a set of brake lines... they came off my buddies 88 xj. should i sell those and get a different pair or will they work? i'll go see if i can get the part numbers off them still

their the pro comp explorer 7415's

Last edited:
Back