• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EXO CAGE BUILDER

CherokeeNewbie

NAXJA Forum User
I need an exo cage built for my 1998 4dr. I have all the steel. I am going with square tubing. if anyone in the socal area thinks they can make a sick exo cage out of square tubing let me know how much you want to do the labor. Remember i have all the steel just need someone to fab and weld onto my jeep. please let me know prices

IMO I dont think any of the fabbers would put there name on a square tubed cage. I asked that question years ago and got the same response. Square tube is not as storg as round.

It would require a very much heavier cage to provide the same protection you can get from a round tube cage. Notice that you won't ever see a race car with square tubing.

i can see using some square for an internal perhaps but not for an exo - i guess you could get creative but it would take way too much work... use the square for sliders and build off them with tube for the exo

I happen to think any cage is better than no cage. Obviously round would be better, but if you already have the square, and perhaps can't afford to buy all the round....Might as well.

No one has a square tubing bender. It would all need to be cut and notched, and would not look very good. Plus, it would take more labor because of not being able to do simple bends.

I'm out of work, and would like to do some fab projects for extra money while I have the time. Don't know about a square tube exo cage, though. PM me with some more info, tubing size, etc.

Really?

metal-bender-lift-web1.jpg

deform_jig.jpg

Nobody said it was strong...

I happen to think any cage is better than no cage. Obviously round would be better, but if you already have the square, and perhaps can't afford to buy all the round....Might as well.

I have no comment on this thread... BUT I just realized that I'm quoted in someone's sig.. :laugh: Thanks John.

That's 2 sig quotes for me.. :D

:cheers:

E

ok thank you guys so much for all of the imput. I wanted to go with square tubing because i thought it would look sick because the xj is so square. also, they do make square benders and i have seen a cherokee with square exo that was bent not cut but i did not take into account how strong it would be. I do have the square tubing already left over from a job i did a couple months ago but i wouldnt mind going with round just thought it sounded different and kewl. thanks again to everyone for the imput

the square tubing i have is 2x2 so if anyone needs some to make sliders let me know

Pm me. I have just the guy. He built me a beautiful exo cage for not too many pesos.

Back