• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 fuel injector upgrade?

jeepcj/jeepxj

NAXJA Forum User
First off, Yes I searched.....
I have a 2001 stock straight 6. My fuel injectors leak. I don't want/need bigger fuel injectors, I would just like to upgrade to a fuel injector that had 4 or 6 jets instead of our factory one jet, with the same wiring for plug and play. I'd like the better/cleaner burn.

I have found and used the charts.

After doing the math, it looks like the Ford 5.0's would run to rich......
I want as good, if not better gas milege.....more power is not the goal, but I'll take it if it comes along.....
I'd like to hear some "Real World" examples of what others have tried and their results.

Thank you

Last edited:
Thank you tbburg!
I had seen that and the second post on page three concerns me. I'm running around 19 mpg and he reported after his upgrade he was getting 15 mpg? Yikes!!!

I'm getting around 17 MPG with 33's and 4:56's using the stock 19 LB ford injectors.
What year is your rig......older rigs run at 39psi and new run at 49......at that chandes everything......
Thanx

Ya, the 92's are running on 39 psi's and the math works out much much better with the ford's 19lb's.....the 2001's run at 49 psi's and the math just does not workout that good.

Not to drag it OT, but what do the 2000s run? 49psi?

Not to drag it OT, but what do the 2000s run? 49psi?
Yes, we run and need the same requirements, 49 psi's with a static flow of 22.5 lb/hr, so watch this post and hope we get some positive feed back.

I'm starting to think that we may be out of luck and stuck with what came stock:rattle:

I bought these:
http://www.precisionautoinjectors.com/product.sc?productId=11&categoryId=3
but they are cheaper here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-9...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I got the Bosch style injectors, not the style pictured. They work great. The idle is smoother. I haven't driven it enough on the road to check the mileage so I can't help you there. The only problem I've had is that I broke a couple of the clips on the electrical connector and a couple of them come loose occasionally and through a CEL.

I bought these:
http://www.precisionautoinjectors.com/product.sc?productId=11&categoryId=3
but they are cheaper here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-9...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I got the Bosch style injectors, not the style pictured. They work great. The idle is smoother. I haven't driven it enough on the road to check the mileage so I can't help you there. The only problem I've had is that I broke a couple of the clips on the electrical connector and a couple of them come loose occasionally and through a CEL.
What year is your rig and do you have any mods?

They are 19# on the Ford's stock 39psi rail. 22# on the Jeep 49 psi rail, which is right where the stock ones are.

Here you say they work the same for the different XJ's????

They aren't all the same. They changed the style and flow in 99.

If anyone is interested I have a set of the upgraded injector available. They will fit 99+ 4.0L.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1005600

Here you say they changed and aren't the same????

:doh:

The math does not work....

Last edited:
Here you say they work the same for the different XJ's????
Really? Where did I say that? I just told you what PSI they run on the 99+ 49psi rail. If you want me to quote all the stock fuel injectors and flow rates you can find that information yourself.
Here you say they changed and aren't the same????

:doh:

The math does not work....

The math works fine. Reading comprehension just owns you.
They aren't all the same. They changed the style and flow in 99.

If anyone is interested I have a set of the upgraded injector available. They will fit 99+ 4.0L.

That is the first thing I said. How hard is that to understand?

Again, these are for 99+ 4.0L engines. They run 22lbs on the Jeep 49 PSI rail.

OP, you need to do some more research because you seem to be confused! You are arguing with someone who knows what he is talking about! And to top it off he has what you need..............:peace:

They are 19# on the Ford's stock 39psi rail. 22# on the Jeep 49 psi rail, which is right where the stock ones are.

Sorry you are so sensitive, but this is Talyn's qoute.

1. He states above that these injectors are, "19# (on the ford's) stock 39 psi rail.
  2. The 87-90 stock xj group uses 39 psi @ 18.6 lb\hr. That is why they use this upgrade.
  3. He then states, "22# on the Jeep 49 psi rail."
  4. The 00-01 stock xj group uses 49 psi's at 22.5 lb\hr.
That is why I stated,
"Here you say they work the same for the different XJ's???? On page 2 post number 1.
Do you comprehend? These psi's and lb\hr's meet the needs for 2 different XJ's (stock 87-90 and stock 00-01)

I not confused in the least......

Last edited:
Back