• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator shop around San Diego?

01_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I came down to SD to visit some family, and it looks like the xj has a leak in the radiator. Does anyone know of a good shop here in SD so that I can get it repaired or replaced? It's an all brass 3 core, and I believe the leak is somewhere around where the end tank is attached to the cores, so I'm hoping it can be fixed.

Kirk's Radiator & Auto Air Conditioning, Mufflers and RadiatorsAddress:
transparent.png

1754 N Magnolia Avehttp://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
El Cajon, CA 92020-1244http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Get Directions
(619) 562-8383

Family owned, reasonable and very nice people.

I am in no way related to them, just passing my good experience on...

awesome, thanks. I'll give them a call in the morning. I'm staying down in Chula Vista, so it's a bit of a drive, but I think it should make it there since the leak isn't too bad yet.

Well I got it fixed today. I didn't take it to Kirk's because it was a bit of a drive. My gf's dad recommended a shop on National Ave. in SD, Cool Radiator, so I took it there. He's known the guy for like 40 years, so I was confident with them doing it. They did a great job, and the price was quite a bit less than Kirk's would have been. I ended up having to get the radiator replaced, and with an all metal 3 core including the labor and coolant, it came out under $300. I'd definitely recommend them and go to them again if I needed to. Just thought I'd pass the info along to anyone else that might need it in the future. Here's their contact info:

Cool Radiator
3362 national Ave.
SD, CA 92113
619 236 9565

Back