• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Defrost door broken

co_alpine

NAXJA Forum User
so I was reading some of the other posts about defrost issues about how the lever arm could come off.
well, what about when it breaks?

the little hook is where the actuator hooks up, the cylinder should go to the door that opens and closes to change air direction.

looks like I need to fully pull out the Evaporator/Heater Core now to fix it.
unless anyone knows another way to change out that door.

now i have to see what the part is called to see if I can get just that door or if I have to get more. if anyone knows part numbers for the HVAC box and or the
doors please let me know.
also, the jeep has 160K+ on it,
the AC and heat are doing great, but if I have it this opened up is there other preventative maintenance I should do while I am in there??

thanks again for the help guys, this site has saved me $$ I hope some day I can help back.

Last edited:
there's a good fix for that using a self tapping screw and some super glue. it was part of an article in jp magazine at one point. i'll see if i can find it again.

there's a good fix for that using a self tapping screw and some super glue. it was part of an article in jp magazine at one point. i'll see if i can find it again.

nice! I am not crazy :) that was what I was going to try first. I saw that it was hollow and thought it may work, but if not would get the part. I found it for 9.99, but if I cna save $15 here and there I will put it to better use.

please let me know if you find that.

Back