• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drilling Door Pin's

You shouldn't need to drill those out. They should come out with a punch. Did you unbolt the door? If not it may be a bit of a pain to knock them out.

Are you doing doorless? If you can get a dremel in there you won't need to remove the bolts. An extender worked well for me.

Dremel_In_Action.sized.jpg

If it's something else you can use the dremel to box the heads and then use wrenches and vice grips to get them off

i unbolted my door first then used a angle grinder. was alot easier. i had to cut the head of a bolt off a bolt or 2. but after i did it was so much easier to get in there and work. it also helps if you get a drill bit and run it through where the pin goes. makes it easier to remove. if you need any help (as much as i can give over the phone) give me a shout.501-545-7452

this happened to me on two of my hinges, and using the dremel was the only solution that worked for me. IIRC i then cut the head of the stripped torx. I tried the slit cutting/using flathead approach but it didnt work.

welding a nut onto the head of the torx would probably

also, one of my pins snapped way short so i had to get it out. jezz these things are in there good (well at least on my 96....my buddy's 94 had no problem punching/pressing the pins out). i ended up drilling out the pin after failed attempts at punchs and vice presses

Unbolt the door first.

If the torx are stripped (I friggin hate torx) try a pair of vise grips on the head. Slow and painful, but it worked for me.

Robert

Back