• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Throttle cable clip

Tommy4949

NAXJA Forum User
This is the second Renix Jeep to do this to me. I was reving the motor in a new freebee Heep and the pedal went to the floor and stayed there with the engine still at idle. I knew it was the cable going from the gas pedal to the throttle body. Yep, the cable popped off. I put it back on but it wouldn't snap on like it should. I got some needle nose pliers to try and pinch the clip a little to tighten it and, of course, the clip broke. Now what do I do. I fixed it before on one of my old Jeeps, but I think I got lucky and robbed it off another vehicle.

I'm sure this must have happened to someone else on here. What did you guys do to fix it? Thanks.

Buy a new cable. Silver solder will hold it.

Buy a new cable and whatever part it's connecting to. Shouldn't be more than ten bucks at a pick-n-pull.

Thanks for the replies, but I don't want to spend $30 to replace a cable because of a little clip that broke. I feel it is a waste of money. Just wondering if anyone fixed this without replacing the entire cable assembly...

The clip at the arrow broke. The rest of the cable is fine...

19610020_rnb_04096_main.jpg

Last edited:
Duct tape ;)

Get the clip at the salvage yard, or check with the dealer.

Back