• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help!!!!!!! No Start

bullardsbarbarian

NAXJA Forum User
I spent about half an hour searching and I can't seem to find the info I need. I have a no start issue. It cranks but doesn't fire. It has good fuel pressure and no spark. I replaced the coil and tested the cps and looked for loose and broken wires. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1996 4.0 AW4
Replaced this year:
alternator
tps
o2 sensor
ignition coil
cap and rotor
nss

I did some more searching and found that the cps is most likely the problem. So here's another question: Can I swap the one from my '91 parts rig into the '96? they look the same, but my shop manual says two different things regarding how to test them. I'm wondering if that means they are incompatible. ie. different voltages/resistances?

If the plugs look the same it they will work. Rockauto.com shows different plugs and part numbers though. I do know the Renix and HO sensors are different and not interchangeable.

Back