• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone with the Uniden PC78 Elite CB?

HQuakers

NAXJA Forum User
I am having a terrible time with this CB. Bought it brand new, thinking I don't want any problems and I want a good CB that will last. I have it mounted to the center console, and there's virtually no heat or vibration there (tested with thermometer and checked vibration by hand). Well, I've had it into the shop where I purchased twice for wires inside coming loose. Less than 24 hours after the second fix (re-solder wires), they are loose again. Basically what happens is many of the functions don't work, meter doesn't work, etc.

Has anyone else had a problem similar? I am about to call up Uniden and see if I can't get this one replaced, or even a refund to get one which won't do this every day or so.

In for repairs twice ? Get a refund or exchange/replacement. If you can't get any help from the CB shop, contact Uniden.

Back