• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new HDO stiffeners

DeftwillP

NAXJA Forum User
Happy Birfday to me! Parents just ordered me a set. Got a few questions though.

I'm using olympic slyders and trail master drop brackets. Will these all work together? With the slyders, I'm concerned with the thickness of the stiffener causing the pinch seam and the slyder to not meet up. Anybody else have this problem?

For the db's, I guess I just want to know if they'll work ok. I know after installing the brackets, the stud on each side for the crossmember was really short. I guess I'll have to knock those out and put in something longer.

Any idea for how quickly these go in?

EDIT: forgot, can i buzz these on using a hobart 135?

the Hobart should be fine.
There are a couple threads on here about slider installation that should give you a general idea of how long it will take.

Time Frame... Too many Variables to tell IMHO.

Normally for Sliders, probably 1 to 2 Hours. 3 Hours if you are not all that handy. Much longer if you have to do Fab Work. Longer yet.... if you party and talk while doing it. That's what I have seen at Wrench Fests anyhow.

Enjoy your Build.

Last edited:
The absolute best person to ask questions is BRIANHO13 as he's the one who's designed and builds these so he knows the exact dimensions and could probably make a custom set if they needed to be a little shorter.

Not sliders and why would they need to be shorter??

The thickness of the stiffeners is 0.134" so you might be able to get the sliders to fit with a little persuation..... As far as the drop brackets go as long as they can accomodate the 0.134" material thickness they should be ok too.

Thanks Brian. I'm sure you made the set going to Mexia TX extry special.

So new issue: has anybody successfully installed a jcr type tc skid with stiffeners? It's hard to pass up the special they've got right now. It would appear that you have to drill a hole in the side of the frame rails (gonna be hard with the stiffeners) and put in a rivet nut.

And FYI to anybody who finds this thread while searching: I got the drop brackets and RE braces on no problem with the stiffeners. I ended up removing the studs that the crossmember used and went to just 4 bolts all around.

So new issue: has anybody successfully installed a jcr type tc skid with stiffeners? It's hard to pass up the special they've got right now. It would appear that you have to drill a hole in the side of the frame rails (gonna be hard with the stiffeners) and put in a rivet nut.

And FYI to anybody who finds this thread while searching: I got the drop brackets and RE braces on no problem with the stiffeners. I ended up removing the studs that the crossmember used and went to just 4 bolts all around.

I don't know but i have that skid on the way. I am close enough that maybe Brian can make a set of stiffeners to work with it and I can be the test dummy......hint....hint! :D

Aw no fair, I already have my non-jcr stiffeners installed.

Back