• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Built a new bumper

Finished it yesterday, i think it cam out pretty good. I have always liked Mike Gs front bumper so i kept it in mind while putting it together. Will put D-rings on it Monday when i pick some up

213kpyr.jpg

10seihe.jpg

a3z0jk.jpg

I like the bumper, I'm thinking of buying those bumper mounts and putting those on mine by cutting off the factory tow hook mounts and just bolting/welding the 2x4s to it. I'd like to add d-rings to the bumper as well, might have to find someone with a bigger welder to do it though.

those mounts are nice! a little extra effort goes a long way, and anyone who sees that is gonna silently nod their head and say something along the lines of 'thats nice!' in their heads like i just did.

wouldnt it also be stronger, due to rounded edges vs sharp edges? im no engineer.

Sweet.

Hey, your drag link looks pimp. did you make it as well? if so, what parts did you use to make them? heim joints, etc...

bumper looks good.

Finished it yesterday, i think it cam out pretty good. I have always liked Mike Gs front bumper so i kept it in mind while putting it together. Will put D-rings on it Monday when i pick some up

213kpyr.jpg

10seihe.jpg

a3z0jk.jpg
so what are you doing with my old one????

Back