• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BPE's

J-Roc

NAXJA Forum User
Hey NAXJA, was doing some searching and can't come to a conclusion. Sorry for... !!!1

I understand what BPE's do, they sound like that are an easy fix for a headache (rear upper shock bolts will never be a problem again). I am thinking about ordering some, seeing how I will be changing my stock shocks out once I lift my jeep because they are crusty, old, and worn down (100k on them). Any reason why I SHOULDN'T order these? Only looking to do it on the rear because I know how much of a bitch it is to drill out those bastard upper bolts. Not too worried about the front. Everything seems to be positive feedback for this very basic mod. These are going to be bolted on and welded.

Probably going to get some from Rocky Road because they are cheap. $22 on Ebay. But like I said, open to suggestions. I know my bolts are going to break, it's something about these fn' 96' Cherokees, everything breaks.

I dont think they will actually keep the old bolts from breaking because you still have to take the old bolts out and isnt that when the bolts are breaking?

I used the BPE front and rear because they came with the lift kit and will make the stock shock 2" longer. Plus, if you look at them, replacing the shock will be simplified in the future. And the base is stiffer where it meets the body.

For the price, try em, you like em. If you don't put em on ebay.
In the future, any shock you buy won't have to be the bar pin style. (There is a metal sleeve instead.)

Back