• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift height help

btfury

NAXJA Forum User
So I've got an RE 4.5in SF lift with fixed uppers and lowers on my 2000, and added some drop brackets up front and an RE 3/4in spacer to even out the lift and get rid of some of the rake.

Then I got a rear bumper and now the front end rides a tad higher, especially with people in it or gear loaded up in the back.

I was going to just take the spacers out, but had a question... I had the CAs shortened to correct the caster angle because the DB's screwed that up pretty bad. If I take the spacers out will that a) screw up the angles again and b) make the jeep need an alignment?

I'm not sure if I should take them out or just get some longer shackles than the ones the lift came with and add a little more lift in the rear?

If I take the spacers out will that a) screw up the angles again and b) make the jeep need an alignment?

Yes, for Both IMHO.

This Page will tell you what Length to set your Control Arms to for Various Heights in Lift for the Stock Control Arm Mounts, the Rough Country Brackets, and the Rubicon Express Drop Brackets.

http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/re_db.html

Hope this helps.

do you think it will really screw up the angles that badly even though they're just 3/4 of an inch?

Back