• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another $500 dollar xj

Skullver

Still Flailing
Here in Ventura, it is a black 2-door, the lady wasn't sure what engine/tranny it has but it is a 1988 that has a overheating problem but runs fine aside from that. I havn't looked at it but I really can't drag home another project, already got 2 non-runners and a carcass to figure out what to do with. Anyways here is her reply to my questions about drivetrain:

"Thanks for the interest! It is a V6 2.8L 4.0 Litre.
I am located in Oxnard and the car is parked almost in front of my house with a FOR SALE sign on it. It hasnt been washed for awhile, so please ignore the dirt!
You can come by anytime to check it out. Let me know if you'd like to take it around the block! Thanks again!
~Sarah"

so as you can see, who knows what it really has, obviously not her. Let me know if anybody is interested as it would be nice to see it go to a good cause.
Chris

Holy conflicting info batman! ;)

IF it's an 88 it's probably a 4.0.. Ron if you wouldn't mind I'd apprecaite it, or shall I say my dad will apprecaite it ;)

Let me know - take a peek to see if it's a stick too please.

Thanks

It's a 4.0, Automatic, 2 WD.

Fair shape for the age, couldn't get a read on the milage. Still up for grabs.

--ron

Captain Ron said:
It's a 4.0, Automatic, 2 WD.

Fair shape for the age, couldn't get a read on the milage. Still up for grabs.

--ron
well we went and picked it up tonight, runs good, does overheat but shouldn't be anything too major(looks like a slow leak in the resi but havn't got a good look yet). My buddy is stoked, I'm hitting him up for membership $$ as we speak. here is a crappy photo of it:
DSCN1123.jpg

Last edited:
Back