• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Taking the XJ on a road trip and it's not to Baja

BajaCurt

NAXJA Forum User
I am leaving early in the morning on a road trip. Unfortunately not to Baja. Going to Iowa and then to Nebraska.
My mom had 3 strokes a couple years ago and has been suffering the consequences. The latest is kidney failure.
On Aug 31 they are doing a procedure to prepare her for dialysis. Putting in a couple of stents.
I want to spend a little time with her before they do the procedure. Mom is 83 and lives in Alliance, NE (same small town where JKS is located).
I am also gonna see my step daughter who lives in Des Moines, Ia and my high school sweetheart who I haven't seen in over 30 years.
We dated my sophomore, junior and senior years. Then drifted apart when I moved to Chicago to go to college.
She is now married and I am NOT a Sancho so I'll be on my best behavior :D
I'll post up when I leave and as I stop along the way.
The Vegas to Reno race has nothing on me. That race is 1000 miles over 3 days. I plan to do 1669 miles in 2 days solo!!
I love road trips.
So wish me luck guys (with the trip and also maybe with the old GF) and I hope mom pulls through the procedure.

Stay safe on the long haul.

You could stop in Moab on the way home.

Have a safe trip Curt. I'll delay the M&G until you get back. :)

Good luck on the drive and our family prayers will be with you and your family

Hope you have a safe trip, and our prayers go out to you and your family. Keep us updated on your progress when you can. Good luck bud.

Make the best of it and enjoy the ride. Give our best wishes to your mom. Get back safe.

Back