• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Polishing a Dana 30

rws

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of putting a manual hub conversion kit from EMS on my CAD Dana 30 as well as stronger inner axles.

I need to remove the bearing that is that the intermediate shaft rides on near the vacum disconnect housing. Has anybody removed this bearing and how did you get it out?? Thanks

Nothing like a polished turdy!! :yelclap:

I'm embarrased to say how much coin i have in my D-30 but it holds up to my abuse and they are a dime a dozen. The Longfields made it a sweet axle with plenty of ground clearance. I'm in the process of building my own truss out of 2x4x3/16 box and tying it into the Ruff Stuff cover to reduce ring gear deflection.

What does this mean "facepalm" or do I want to ask??

Back to the original question, how did people who have done this conversion remove the intermediate shaft bearing that sits one inch left of the CAD disconnect housing??

Please only reply if you have done this. Much as I appreciate opinions, I am quite aware of the differences between polishised turds, Dana 44s, chev 10 bolts and numerous other axles.

Back