• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thank a Vet (not spam)

magimerlin

NAXJA Forum User
I am not one to send these around but this crap pisses me off.. The vets did/do so much for us and this is the way we are treating them. I am ashamed very ashamed to be of the same race as the ungrateful SOB that feels the need to have this removed.
please look at this and sign it please. And send it to all your contacts please. Thank you and thank a Vet while you are at it. They deserve it, as do all our troops
http://www.donttearmedown.com/

Isn't eradicating all vestiges of religion what the commies did? Tore down all the crosses and put up pictures of Lennin. That worked out well for them. I guess much of the citizenry wasn't ready to worship the communist ideal, in place of traditional religious beliefs. If I remember correctly, this was one of the major factors in the failure of communism.
The ACLU can kiss my rosy red rectum.
Can someone help me out, placing the exact location of the cross (I do remember seeing it, I just don't remember exactly where).

It's in the Mojave Desert, in CA, but im not exactly sure where.

from the website posted above:

http://www.donttearmedown.com/ said:
The Mojave Desert Memorial Cross has stood proudly for over 75 years, honoring our American war dead. Or it was until the ACLU stepped in and got a judge to rule the memorial to World War I veterans unconstitutional. They covered the cross with a bag, and when that didn't work, they boarded it up in a plywood box. Now, they're threatening to tear down this national monument because they don't believe America should have religious imagery anywhere on public property.

IIRC it's somewher along Route 66

IMO the radical left is going to spawn a radical religious right. "For each action there is an equal and opposite reaction".
I'm a big believer in tradition, cutting the ties to the past sets us adrift on a directionless path.

The Third Epistle of John (Flee Heretics), " But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. Peace be to thee. Our friends salute thee. Greet the friends by name". A small prayer for our fallen comrades (makes me feel better, what's the harm?)

Monuments are largely for the living and not the dead per say (IMO). There are those who would cut off the roots and prune the branches, with perhaps a goal in mind, but in actuality with extreme arrogance and without thinking of the form or viability of the finished product.

Whatever a persons views are on religion, or the Bible (or the Koran or whatever), thinking there is no relevance or wisdom in the books and teachings may be the most arrogant position imaginable. Mankind has been a spiritual being as long as their has been mankind, fact or fallacy, it is as much a part of us (and as important to our evolution) as any other part. Amputating any part may have consequences, is likely to have consequences!!!!

Last edited:
IIRC it's somewher along Route 66
I've been on that road, if can I remember on the way to what? I'll likely be able narrow it down some. It will come to me eventually (it's been awhile). LOL

I've been on that road, if can I remember on the way to what? I'll likely be able narrow it down some. It will come to me eventually (it's been awhile). LOL

Sorry I misspoke Cima Road

35° 18.896'N
115° 33.071'W

Yes, it's a shame.

And it is a shame that a NFS employee complained about it and started the whole chain of events.

However, if the NFS allows anyone to squat on their property, everyone will do it and we as a Nation will have no National Parks. Once brought to their attention, it seems to me that the NFS had no choice but to seek the removal of the improptu Monument. That does not seem to be very partisan.

Personally, I feel the Monument should be allowed to stand, but that's me, I'm kinda sentimental about such things.

Ron

Yes, it's a shame.

And it is a shame that a NFS employee complained about it and started the whole chain of events.

However, if the NFS allows anyone to squat on their property, everyone will do it and we as a Nation will have no National Parks. Once brought to their attention, it seems to me that the NFS had no choice but to seek the removal of the improptu Monument. That does not seem to be very partisan.

Personally, I feel the Monument should be allowed to stand, but that's me, I'm kinda sentimental about such things.

Ron

You can say what you want to about the Germans, but they have a law, if it's been there for fifteen years and nobody has complained in that time, you've lost the right to complain and it stays. Germans have a traditional core, in a liberal wrapper. It's a pragmatic approach to solving probable future conflicts and avoiding kneejerk reactions to the current flavor of the day. One law that actually seems to help smooth out the bumps.

There are impromptu monuments all over out there. A pile of rocks and a plaque, most have some reference to "rest in peace", some are a century or more old.
Hey I've got an idea, lets go tear them all down.:doh:

The cross was there before it became the Mojave reserve. I remember a Veterans organization in Kelso that was fairly vocal for awhile, railroad people. I remember a story, but I'll save Ecksjay the agony. :)

Last edited:
Back