• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New XJ Owner in San Diego Area

Jeebs_1

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all!

I just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. You can call me Jeebs. I'm new to the XJ world but not Jeeps. I've owned a YJ Wrangler and a CJ7. I decided I wanted a little more comfort and storage space so I went with a XJ. I'm in Poway, north San Diego area.

I found this 2001 Sport for $2,200 on CL last week and snatched it up. Its a 4.0, AW4, 231 with 120K on the clock and a clean title. I ended up paying $2,000 since it needed a windshield and smog cert. Both are done now. I got the training wheels off it and have it sitting on some 30" BFG ATs and a 1.5" Teraflex BB until I buy a real lift and tires. Hopefully that happens in the next week or so.

Anyway, just wanted to stop in and say hey! :cheers:

IMG_4910.jpg

IMG_4911.jpg

IMG_4912.jpg

IMG_4915.jpg

Welcome aboard!

:cheers:

Welcome to the club! This site is a wealth of information and people who can guide you through just about any modification you could do. There are also plenty of people who offer services at way below typical shop costs. Congrats on the new ride and have fun!

Jeebs
Welcome to the "club". The next SD area Meet/Greets are Tues 9/8 (Vista) and Wed 9/16 (Kearney Mesa). Bring your rig and meet some great people.

Jeebs
Welcome to the "club". The next SD area Meet/Greets are Tues 9/8 (Vista) and Wed 9/16 (Kearney Mesa). Bring your rig and meet some great people.

X2. Welcome, and mark your calendar. I live in Escondido (use to live in Rancho Bernardo actually) I should be at both meets next month.

:cheers:

Hi there! Are you looking to make a trail rig out of it, or just have an XJ that sits a little higher and turns heads? It's pretty clean, man!

Welcome to the group! :)
Like he said, post up in great detail what you want from your rig and we will help you decide the best way to git 'er done!

Thanks for the welcome!

I haven't quite finalized the initial plans for it just yet. I wheeled my YJ and CJ pretty hard. My CJ has ARBs F/R, Warn full floating hubs, OBA, OBW, etc, etc. I plan on making the XJ a camping/mild offroad rig. A mild lift, 3.5-4.5 at most with 32's maybe 33's. I'm going for good road manners and offroad capability.

I just slapped a Surco roof rack on. I'll snap a picture this afternoon.

Welcome to the other side of JEEPS!!!!

Good deal on the XJ. Lot's of great people on here and all kinds of information.

Good luck with your build. May I suggest a 4.5" lift on 33's, geared & locked, and armored. Reason - very common combo. If you go 3" you will be fine, but probably will want to grow.

If you're looking for good road manners I suggest a 4.5" long arm kit with 33's and 4:56 gears. I think a 4 link would get you better road manners and more flex compared to a y-link but I have never had a y-link.

Back