• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Spec Sheet Help

splitz

NAXJA Forum User
I've called a few Jeep Dealerships to get a as built spec sheet, but they forwarded me to the Crysler customer service who can mail me the spec sheet in 7 to 10 business days. The problem is, I'm trying to get the specs for Jeeps I am interested in buying, so I need them ASAP. Can anyone out in :NAXJA: Land help me?

1j4fj68s5wl136173
1j4fj68s5wl230697

Thanks!

I've used the Jeep VIN decoders already, but unfortunately I need a bit more than where the Jeep was built at and such. Supposedly Jeeps with the towing package may or may not have 3.73 gears. While you can tell by axle tag, it is missing on the first Jeep, and I haven't seen the second one yet (figured this would save me a trip)

If you're buying these from a used-car dealership, make them run the VINs for you. If they won't--walk.
EDIT: Also, who did you talk to at the dealerships? I usually go to the parts guys for that kind of stuff.

No, these are private party. The stealerships around here are really shady.

Parts guy...hmm, I tried the service guy, maybe I'll give that a shot.

I asked the guy at the parts counter (Jeep Dealer where I usually buy parts) to run one for mine a few month ago. He ran it and gave me the printout right there. Try going to another dealer or try their parts department. I think it helps if you are a regular customer but you may luck out trying different dealers. Just go in person.

Yea some dealers are pricks about it and others you can call and have them fax you whatever they can print.

Thanks for the tip on the parts guys, I called the first dealership on my list back and talked to someone in parts, while he couldn't fax me the build sheet, he answered all of my questions on multiple xjs.

Problem solved!

Back