• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear diff overfill

Considering how many millions of vehicles never (literally) have their diff fluid changed/topped off, I wouldn't worry about it too much. You could always put the rear end up on jackstands (with chocks at the front tires) and fill it up that way-it should cancel out the increased angle the shim provides.

Considering how many millions of vehicles never (literally) have their diff fluid changed/topped off, I wouldn't worry about it too much. You could always put the rear end up on jackstands (with chocks at the front tires) and fill it up that way-it should cancel out the increased angle the shim provides.

That's what I do, jack it up about 8 inches and top it off. Both of my Jeeps' rear diffs are clocked up for SYEs.

I know its good to overfill just to "make sure" but won't the extra fluid eventually leak out the outer axles seals, in essence returning it back to "normal" levels?

Back