• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steens Mountains Anyone?

BudNixon

NAXJA Forum User
seeing if anyone is interested to join a ride out to Steens Mountains, Alvord Desert and any other "fun" places along the way there.

I am planning to leave on the 26th (Wednesday) afternoon (sometime after lunch)... go about as far as possible before it gets all dark and camp. Thursday AM be out around Steens.

Planning to come home (SALEM) P.M. hours on Sunday. Just my 2001 XJ going (probably couple of people with me). It will be a fun trip if you are laid back and just want to see various places.

For details, feel free to PM me / email ([email protected])

Cheers...

I'd advise to cruise across the desert to Big Sand Gap and head up there. Some nice, quite sandy, trails and some dunes too.

There isn't technically any wheeling but the roads are some of the toughest roads in the state. Also extremely scenic out there

Are you just cruzin forrest roads or is there actual Legal wheeling out there?

Just going to cruz all "proper" roads, nothing illegal. Going to just see "stars" and make lots of pictures (hobby)...

Considering stopping to dig some thunder eggs, heard thats a fun exercise!

I'd advise to cruise across the desert to Big Sand Gap and head up there. Some nice, quite sandy, trails and some dunes too.

There isn't technically any wheeling but the roads are some of the toughest roads in the state. Also extremely scenic out there

So I've heard - supposed to be real cool stuff to see, unlike any other places in Oregon.

Back