• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just got lift

sublime600

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i have started to actually do things to my Jeep. I just purchased a OME lift kit i believe its going to give me 3 inches. It arrived today and i opened it up, it came with the quick disconnects. My question to everyone is what am i going to need i hear SYE and longer shfts or something im not doing the lift myself my buddy is going to do it and im going to pay close attention so i can do it later. But i really would like to know it also came with a tcase drop. SO ive heard that should get rid of any vibes. Im just trying to be ready to shell out more cash if needed if so how much more i already spent like almost 900 on the lift. Any links to sites with what i would need would be great. How are BPE's i looked into them do i need them for these shocks? I know im a total noob to this but im trying to learn. Thanks guys you guys have been a Huge Help. Ill get up pics when its done but gonna be awhile have two weddings to go to the next two weeks.

I know someone who is running a 4.5" lift and 31's with the stock slip yoke setup. All he has is a 1" transfer case drop. The Jeep is smooth. Last weekend we drove it 2 hours on the highway going like 85 and no vibrations from the rear at all, and it still kicked ass in the woods.

S-600,

You will probably hear this a lot but it depends on your jeep. It can go either way. In MOST cases 3" of lift, especially with a 1" t-case drop SHOULD NOT have any vibes. You shouldn't even have to have a longer driveshaft either. The only real way to tell for sure is to install the kit and drive it, then you no for sure instead of speculating. I have installed 6" lifts on and DID NOT use a SYE or longer driveshaft and HAD NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. Then again, I have also installed 4.5" lifts and had to use them, even with a t-case drop. Jeeps are peculiar in the fact that you could have identical jeeps, same year and model and lift installed and one would need the extras and one wouldn't. I would say be prepared to shell out more cash, you can always use it on other things if you get away without needing the longer shafts and SYE.

x2. try driving it first--give it a good,fair workout in the manner you will be doing most of your driving, then reassess your needs. I've got 4" with a T-case drop and am happy, but I'm not doing anything more extreme than dirt trails. Good luck

I drove around for more than a year with 5" of lift and no SYE with no problems - on a 1987 with an np231 and 29 spline 8.25 rear end. When I lifted to 6.5" I had to install an SYE.

I've seen jeeps with 3" require it.

You won't know until you try.

-C

Back