• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 XJ - vacuum accessory diagram

TRCM

NAXJA Forum User
Had a few things happen the other day.

1) I found a vac line by the battery that wasn't hooked to anything, and I can't find anything to hook it up to

2) the vac lines to the reservoir ball are trashed, and I can hear a vac leak from this going down the road with the windows down.

3) power steering cap decide dto go on a walk-about...and them dang things are EXPENSIVE

Ok, all my heat & ac controls work just fine, never had any problems with them.

It looks like there is a vac line coming from the manifold to the ball, and then the line from the ball up to the battery, and then nothing.....the trail ends.

I can't find any diagram in the book I got, or online.

It appears that all the vac lines for the heater control valve are there. Maybe a PO rerouted them since there is no "tee" on this line as seems to be the norm from the search I did.

Anyone have a diagram that may help me figure this out ?

NO cruise control or power goodies, just basic heat & a/c. I don't think vac has anything to do with the 4wd system on this XJ (no vac motor on the axle or no axle disc).

Last edited:
It's a 4.0

Not sure what is supposed to go where, but everythign works as it should, so I guess I'll leave it the way it is.

Very little of that pic looks anything like what is there on my truck BTW, but thanks for tryign just the same.

Back