• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U bolts and center pin

basso4735

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I want to start my budget lift with a s10 bastard pack. I need to know what size center pins and u bolts I should pick up tomorrow.

U bolts are for the 8.25.

And since the rear shock bolts will need to be replaced, what size bolts can I use on those?

Thanks

If I remember right on s10 leaves you might need to drill out the center hole a little bit, or run smaller bolts.

3"ubolts for 8.25

and rear bolts on the shocks tend to break very easily, so you might weigh your options and choose a bolt size based on what you do! I drilled and tapped the broken bolt/nut and its been going strong for over a year and half

thanks backroads,

im probably going to do the smaller bolt route, i think its 5/16 for the center pin?

and the shocks im more than likely going to fish in a new bolt so what size would be good for that

Go with a 5/16-18 grade 5 or grade 8 bolt for the new shock bolts - OEM is either that or an M8x1.25, I forget. 1.5 inches or so should be long enough. Lowes or Home Depot will have these in the hardware aisle, top drawer of the middle stack of specialized fasteners if I recall correctly...

For the U-bolts, if you aren't adding that many leaves (I know you can get away with one added, probably two, MAYBE three), you can use new stock bolts. The part number is 5200 4010 (bolts - four of these) and 1150 2813 (nuts - eight of these). You can get them from zmjeeps.com (who I went with) or many other vendors. You can probably also go to any offroading site (quadratec, discountjeepparts, etc etc) and pick up U-bolts for a reasonable price there too.

EDIT: DEFINITELY use a grade 8 bolt for the center pin! That bolt is under a lot of tension until you get the U-bolts on. You'll want to buy a fairly long one so you can get it in and aligned before using C-clamps to recompress the pack. Just use an angle grinder to remove the excess afterwards.

Back