• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Auto Enginuity scanner trouble

xjdc12

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody able to connect to a 97 thru 01 XJ with Auto Enginuity ODB II scanner? I can't on our 99 and I also tried a 00 with same results. A borrowed Innova scanner does just fine but not the AE. Read an earlier post here another member had the same trouble with AE. Wondering if there is anybody out there that can? Thanx

Thought I had posted an update, but guess not.
I finally convinced the correct people at Auto Enginuity that they had a problem with their software/hardware connecting with 99 XJs and similar rigs.
They had me do a firmware update to their connector and download a software update. Finally connected.
I then purchased the Chrysler enhanced software as we also have an 07 Dodge truck.
AE system seems to work just fine now and I reset a check engine light on the truck after I caused it to set. Basic generic setup around $200 and about $200 more for the enhanced adder for one manufacture, i.e. Chrysler. Seem to be a good outfit after getting around their stubbornness that it was my XJ that was screwed up. The website is pretty good at explaining what you get for your $$. I bought mine here and saved a couple of $$-
http://www.autorepairmanuals.biz/site/573683/page/924074
Autorepairmanuals.com also have several less expensive scanner options and telephone discussions with them are worthwhile in helping to choose which to buy.
AE is the cheapest way I found if you want enhanced capabilities-(later model body codes/etc.) not that I really understand a lot of the readings I can now get.

Thought I had posted an update, but guess not.
I finally convinced the correct people at Auto Enginuity that they had a problem with their software/hardware connecting with 99 XJs and similar rigs.
They had me do a firmware update to their connector and download a software update. Finally connected.
I then purchased the Chrysler enhanced software as we also have an 07 Dodge truck.
AE system seems to work just fine now and I reset a check engine light on the truck after I caused it to set. Basic generic setup around $200 and about $200 more for the enhanced adder for one manufacture, i.e. Chrysler. Seem to be a good outfit after getting around their stubbornness that it was my XJ that was screwed up. The website is pretty good at explaining what you get for your $$. I bought mine here and saved a couple of $$-
http://www.autorepairmanuals.biz/site/573683/page/924074
Autorepairmanuals.com also have several less expensive scanner options and telephone discussions with them are worthwhile in helping to choose which to buy.
AE is the cheapest way I found if you want enhanced capabilities-(later model body codes/etc.) not that I really understand a lot of the readings I can now get.

Hello, I too cannot get my Auto Enginuity software to connect to my 2000 XJR. I get a runaround from Jay Horak at AE saying that I have a bad ECM, yet the codes can be read with a simple Actron scanner. I bought my AE about a year ago, it has the later usb connection and I think I'm running 8.5 software. Who did you speak to at AE?? I would really like to get this working. AE now want to sell me the CAN version!

Back