• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE question

SanDiegoOverland

NAXJA Forum User
So If I want to do the Front shaft in the rear install what
yoke do I need if I'm going with the AA kit?

Anyone done this in conjunction with the RE3.5 Superride kit?

I have a 92' ABS'd Laredo with the D35 rear.

The AA kit uses the std cv joint(stock factory front set-up).But,with the D35 you may come up short on length with a std 4.0/AW4 front shaft.

Jeep XJ with a 4.0L and AW4 the Front Driveshaft is about 30 1/2"s Collapsed. Just a hair longer if I remember right.

Measure Center of Joint to Center of Joint at Full Drop (Rear End Lifted Up and Tires Hanging at Full Drop). Extend the Front Driveshaft and see if it is longer than needed. If the Extended Front Driveshaft is Longer than needed then all should be fine IMHO. BWDIK.

I wish I knew what the Extended Length was for it. Sorry.

Someone jump in here if I am Mistaken.

Jeep XJ with a 4.0L and AW4 the Front Driveshaft is about 30 1/2"s Collapsed. Just a hair longer if I remember right.

Measure Center of Joint to Center of Joint at Full Drop (Rear End Lifted Up and Tires Hanging at Full Drop). Extend the Front Driveshaft and see if it is longer than needed. If the Extended Front Driveshaft is Longer than needed then all should be fine IMHO. BWDIK.

I wish I knew what the Extended Length was for it. Sorry.

Someone jump in here if I am Mistaken.

Great stuff, thanks.

I got a front driveshaft out of a 1996 V8 ZJ. It is 33.5" in length compressed. Find you one of these and you will be set. I have the same lift kit with shackles and soon blocks. Hope this helps. PS I am running a PORC SYE.

Back