• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

throttle cable help

bluejeepkid

NAXJA Forum User
i went to a local parts store(thou shall remain nameless haha) to look up a price for a throttle cable. well 2 listings came up, a "standard" throttle cable for like 27$ and a "27inch" throttle cable for about 22$. whats the difference??? TIA

It probably depends on the engine you have and the exact year, as well as right/left hand drive. It may also be for those who want to install a different engine in their car entirely. My parts catalog shows 20 different cable part numbers depending on all those factors.

It probably depends on the engine you have and the exact year, as well as right/left hand drive. It may also be for those who want to install a different engine in their car entirely. My parts catalog shows 20 different cable part numbers depending on all those factors.

hmm i suppose ill have to do some more research, thanx

17 years of production, 8 different engines/fuel systems.

Maybe if we knew what year/engine/trans we could help you a bit more. Many users on here have detailed parts listings (I don't).

sorry lol
89 4.0 aw4 np231 laredo package

I do know that the cable differs between an 87 and an 89, owing to a slight change in the accelerator pedal design, even though they are essentially identical. What I don't remember after all these years is which one was longer. Your best bet if possible would be to take the old one in to match.

Back