• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YJ Hi-Lift Hood Mount

wacho4 said:
This is no help, but I've been wondering what one of those things would look like fabbed onto an xj's hood. Anybody good with photoshop?

I am too poor for one of those fancy things... I cut a 75 cent hockey puck in half and popped a hole in it.

Not the best pix but it is bolted to the hood...and done for under $3.00

P9040004.JPG

JAS said:
I am too poor for one of those fancy things... I cut a 75 cent hockey puck in half and popped a hole in it.

Not the best pix but it is bolted to the hood...and done for under $3.00

P9040004.JPG

Get that disgusting sticker off your jeep.
lol

wacho4 said:
JAS, I think that looks pretty sweet. But then again, I'm a little demented.
And so cheap and simple I would never have thought of it.

Wow... I was expecting more flamage as this is not the YJ thing with the lights and shovel bracket.

The hockey puck idea was from somebody else here on NAXJA. I can not take credit for it.

The only thing I would change and is on my list to do would be to sandwich the hood between 2 peices of 1x.25 thick by 6 inch long peice of flat stock.

Just to give the hood a bit more support and raise the jack about 1/4 inch. the curve of the hood allows the jack to contact the hood in a couple of places... My paint is not exactly perfect so it does not bother me.

Jeff

Back