• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

herculiner on polyurethane flairs?

justins99xj

NAXJA Forum User
I hope I posted this in the right section. I plan on hurculining the lower part of my doors, bumpers, and flairs. Just wanted to ask if anyone has lined thier flairs and the other polyurethane parts of stock bumpers and how well it held up. And if so, what prep work was done to keep the liner from peeling off these parts. Also if you have pic's please post them. Thanks.

I did the Herculiner on the rocker areas, all I can say is PREP is key, I didn't "scuff" up the area enough and its starting to show. Can't say on the bumper ends, but i'm assuming a good scuffing would be in order.

My flairs are herc'ed. I picked up a second set of flairs that were the factory painted style, scuffed them up good, few coats of herc, then some matte black paint when the last coat of herc was sticky. The matte was to better match the trim and protect from UV damage.... holding up great after 2 years.

I hope I posted this in the right section. I plan on hurculining the lower part of my doors, bumpers, and flairs. Just wanted to ask if anyone has lined thier flairs and the other polyurethane parts of stock bumpers and how well it held up. And if so, what prep work was done to keep the liner from peeling off these parts. Also if you have pic's please post them. Thanks.

Here you go:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=950721

Back