• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Kit

jboncher01

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for some advice on who make the best lift kits out there. I am looking for a lift kit to fit 33 inch tires but not to make the cherokee ride like anymore of a lumber wagon than it already does.

TIA

Do some research, decide what you like, see what you can afford, then find opinions.

Keywords: Rough Country, Rubicon Express, Old Man Emu, Rusty's, Rock Ready, Black Diamond, Skyjacker, Fabtech, Pro Comp, Currie Enterprises, Rock Krawler, Full Traction, Superlift, TeraFlex, Daystar....

Good luck.

Last edited:
Do some research, decide what you like, see what you can afford, then find opinions.

Keywords: Rubicon Express, Old Man Emu, Rock Krawler, Full Traction, Good luck.

Fixed for you,you should never recomend garbage lifts!

Iron rock ff road is a pretty good group of guys as well.. but some front coils and shackels and build your rear pack. My wife actually told me how nice the xj rides now with the basterd pack in. Besides its cheper

If you're looking for a good ride I suggest going with a long arm kit in about 5.5" size. You will thank yourself later down the line for doing it up right the first time.

A LA kit around 5.5" is what youll want for 33s unless you want to trim. Some people love the ride of short arms and 4.5-6" but not me haha.

Im at 6.5" and Ive got LAs. I rides good. My set-up is a bit different than one you can buy as a kit though. But Im happy with how Ive done mine as far as performance and ride.

Ive got Rusty's 6.5" coils, custom y-link LAs with ploy bushings all around, RC 4.5" leafs, Rusty's 1-1/4" shackle and custom shackle relocation boxes with shackles at 45 degrees. Rides great and handles good even without sways.

Looking for some advice on who make the best lift kits out there. I am looking for a lift kit to fit 33 inch tires but not to make the cherokee ride like anymore of a lumber wagon than it already does.

TIA

Old Man Emu makes the best.
Rubicon Express makes the 'best for your dollar'
You can make bastard packs on the cheap, supposedly S10 packs are fairly soft. If you plan to wheel dump the overload spring and put in a leaf (2nd from top would be my suggestion) out of the XJ pack.

Back