• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Airplane Hill, baby!!!

mopar440

NAXJA Forum User
Yep... I did... made Airplane Hill my Biatch today... no, I didn't do the crazy uphill part, but I got from bottom to top, no winch, no strap, no breakage... Rod Comstock and company have pictorial evidence and the spotting expertise ( Chopper and Rubicon have a hard time holding the camera!)... as Rod put it today... "That was a piece of driving..." OK... so I'm blowing my own horn... I know... but still... I'm frickin' stoked! Watched many very capable rigs try that sumbitch and come away lacking... I'm gonna bask in my humble glory! lol...:greensmok

someone posted pics a while back, yes it is new to tsf at least airplane hilll has not been there in the past 5-6 years.

The hard part is basically a rocky uphill similar to the mini rubicon crossed with a short version of the upper loop of crushers.

I believe this is a link with pics of airplane.

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1000500&highlight=airplane+hill

Thanks, Rod:cheers:

And, Ixnay, yeah, it's just below 7Up, and has been totally redone and reopenned only a month or so ago... it's now a triple black... mostly uphill... pics to follow soon (didn't have camera, but others did)

On a side note, (and pics to follow of this, too!) almost flopped on Baker Hill! Got a little sideways in an uphill rut... right front ended up about 4 feet off the ground... I think if I would've sneezed I'd have gone over!

Thats what I'm saying nice work now lets see them pics already.

Where are the pics man!!

IV been up there to see it, its sweet. And see all they have done to the trails is so cool.

But my jeep still sits at home... Broken "frame"
!!!1

I'm glad they finally got it back open. It was a good trail back in the day. From the pics I've seen it looks like they did a good bringing it back.

If you didn't do the rocky area mid way, then isn't it just a dirt climb? The Filter/ gatekeeper is a 15' of fun, but if you go tot he left on the dirt, isn't just a climb similar to hogs back? Is there anythin past that? :dunno:

That was as far as I walked up it, it would be cool to see pictures of the rest of it.

If you didn't do the rocky area mid way, then isn't it just a dirt climb? The Filter/ gatekeeper is a 15' of fun, but if you go tot he left on the dirt, isn't just a climb similar to hogs back? Is there anythin past that? :dunno:

That was as far as I walked up it, it would be cool to see pictures of the rest of it.

Pretty much a dirt climb, if you bypass the rocky stuff in the middle... one thing you got to give me, though, is no lockers, stock gears/axles and not alot of lift... the filters, top and bottom, were more than enough for me! Was an adrenaline rush just getting through those...

Entering Airplane Hill...
photo-7.jpg

Half way through bottom filter...
phonepics039.jpg

Coming out the top side...
phonepics062.jpg

Dan spotting me...
photo-4.jpg

My attempted flop on Bates Hill!!!
photo-1.jpg

hey look, its Mr.IliveinBFEbutwheelTSF12timesamonth

Nice pics.. Im jealous.. need a passenger this weekend?

Sorry, Scott... going up this weekend, but w/new ladyfriend in pass. seat:moon: And big black dog in back... don't have a safari rack, or you could ride in it! As far as living in BFE, yep... but I'm frickin' addicted, so I go as often as I can! Learning my way around there, that's for sure!

Back