• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pin diagram for headlamp harness??

Shorty

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I'm playing with a '91 that doesn't have the headlamp harness on it. I've got the engine bay plug, but nothing I have access to here matches the wire colors (Haynes and Chiltons)

Does anyone have a diagram of the engine side plug with wire colors (on that side if they change from there) and what each pin feeds?

I'm gonna adapt an earlier headlamp harness to the later vehicle harness and don't want to miss anything.

-- thanx in advance for anything you can provide

from a 95 I think this is called Connector 102. It shows Ground (Black)

Headlights
White, Orange,

Left side park and turn
DG (Dark Green?), DB/RD

Left side marker
LG (Light Green), DB/RD

Right side park and turn
TN, DB/RD

Left side marker
TN, DB/RD

been there and done it-- just double checking my results with a diagram-- I've found three headlamp harnesses from different years that haven't matched the diagram and wanted to verify that I'm not crazy yet (jury's still out on that)

correct me if I'm wrong, but on the 91 (and I'll assume later models) the side marker lamp blinks opposite the front turn signal-- yes?

I checked my harness from a Renix/AMC body and the side marker seems to be power in and ground, where the newer wiring diagram looks as though the side marker circuit will have power fed from both sides (lamp off) when the front turn signal has power (on with separate ground path)

no problem with the building of plugs, just never noticed the differance (assuming I'm reading it right)

Back