• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My bumper is done

fiyerbirdie

NAXJA Forum User
First here is the old bumper.... Mounted over the tow hook brackets to help reinforce it. Also with the factory front skid.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

And here is the finished Ukraine Train bumper kit. The finish is patterned by sanding with a flap disc, then clear primer, then clear coat. I know it may not last but I can always paint after I try the bare metal/clear coat, harder to clear after I try paint. I also left my amateur welds un-ground for the same reason. I left the front skid off, but it may come back... I like the look it made with the old bumper. My tow hooks/brackets, and the bumper will be up for sale.

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

y.jpg

z.jpg

My compliments to Ukraine Train..... this kit is simple and awesome.

I like the clean metal look and with the welds cleaned up I would really like it. Nice lines on the bumper my one and only complaint would be no provisions for a winch even if it was reciever mounted. But thats just me, my winch has saved my ass more than once so I would never wheel with out it but I know others arent as die hard, have to have one as I am, but on the whole good job.

The contrast to the herc'd front clip, is very nice!
weakest point would be the xj part... it doesnt fit, never has. =\

as far as a raw'd finish, i use to run a pair of bmx forks that were cleared. over time they developed rust veins, which to be honest look absolutelty BITCHEN. they look like a red hair, in a lightning bolt shape inside the clear coat. the clear didnt really flake or anything IIRC. Ive been thinking it would be a good finish for a roll cage, let us know how it holds up. how many coats of clear did you do?

On a bumper i dont think the downfalls to a little bit of rust veins would be devastating.

Back