• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need info on home made long arms

johny xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys new to yhis forum so bear with me , I'm going to fab up my own long arm kit and I could use any info you guys could throw at me. What I have now is a 91 xj with a 5" lift but I'm going up another 2" and I'm running 33" tires so what I'm trying to find out is where I can buy the hiem joints and bushings and also correct me if I'm wrong but with the lift I'll have would my caster angle be at 7 degree positve ? Any info you gus could give would help alot . thanks

Here is a Yahoo Search for XJ Heim Joints. Hope it helps.

#
Currie Enterprises CJ Axle Parts
XJ/Jeepspeed. All XJ Parts. Driveline. Hub and Brake Kits. Johnny Joints. Skid Plate/Guards ... SWAY BAR LINK 1/2"-20 RIGHT HAND FEMALE HEIM JOINT. CE-99006L ...
www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/Product.aspx?id=3150 - Cached
#
Johnny Joint®
... movement in any direction as compared to 22 degrees on a common heim joint. ... CE-9102K TJ/LJ/XJ/MJ front end housing Johnny Joint® kit. View Instruction Sheet ...
www.currieenterprises.com/CESTORE/johnnyjoints.aspx - Cached
#
"Rocky Mountain Suspension Products, suspension lift kits, Cherokee XJ ...
Rocky Mountain Suspension Products, Cherokee XJ, Comanche, suspension lift kits ... links with either single or double heim joints allowing you to choose your level ...
www.rockymountainsusp.com/jeep_XJ.htm - 78k - Cached
#
Jeep Steering Heim Joints | Discount Jeep Parts
Jeep Heim Joints at DiscountJeepParts.com. Guaranteed lowest prices on ... XJ Cherokee Surplus. Wrangler YJ Parts. Wrangler TJ Accessories. Wrangler JK Parts ...
www.discountjeepparts.com/index.php/cPath/459_433 - 81k - Cached
#
Vehicle Maintenance - Prep Your 4x4 - Moab Tech - Steering & Flex ...
If you have Heim joints or rubber bushings that are worn out, it is time to ... Phoenix - 1989 Jeep Cherokee XJ. Without a doubt, this is the year of the Cherokee. ...
4wdandsportutility.com/tech/.../steering_flex_joints.html - 52k - Cached
#
Jeep XJ Winch Bumper - What's New - Four Wheeler Magazine
... wheeling products featuring a Jeep XJ and ZJ front winch bumper. ... Alberta, Canada builds high-quality Heim joints specifically for the off-road aftermarket. ...
fourwheeler.com/.../129_0509_jeep_xj_winch_bumper_whats_new/index.html - Cached
#
Full-Traction Suspension Jeep XJ Cherokee 6.0" XJ Long Arm Suspension ...
Full-Traction Suspension designs and manufactures suspension systems, lift kits and components that ... Teflon lined heim joints for quiet operation ...
full-traction.com/detail.php?MODELID=4&...&PRODUCTID=98&NOTES=9,10 - Cached
#
Clayton Off Road - Jeep Lift Kits - Jeep Cherokee Lift Kits - Jeep ...
... long-arm suspensions for all four of the major Jeep® models, TJ, XJ, WJ and ZJ. ... Second problem is that heim joints don't come with any grease fittings. ...
www.claytonoffroad.com/keyfeatures.htm - Cached
#
Northridge4x4 Jeep Parts: Heim Joints
... originally designed to replace the heim joints used in some of original ... and YJ as well as Jeep CJ, Cherokee XJ, Grand Cherokee ZJ, WJ and Liberty KJ. ...
www.northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=RE-3792 - Cached

BALLISTIC fabrication x2, they have thread in bushings, as well as rebuildable flex joints (i know everyone loves rubicon epress, but why pay for the name?) Heims are gonna be more expensive over the long run.

ballistic is also a naxja sponsor! no discount tho.

x3 on Ballistic -- your caster should ideally be between 5 and 7 degrees, mines and 4.5 and its alright. I used large RE flex joints because they're threaded instead of pressed like Johnniejoints, and really easy to rebuild.

x4 on ballistic... that is what i will be running on my long arms...

Hey guys new to yhis forum so bear with me , I'm going to fab up my own long arm kit and I could use any info you guys could throw at me. What I have now is a 91 xj with a 5" lift but I'm going up another 2" and I'm running 33" tires so what I'm trying to find out is where I can buy the hiem joints and bushings and also correct me if I'm wrong but with the lift I'll have would my caster angle be at 7 degree positve ? Any info you gus could give would help alot . thanks

knowing where you live, contact TMR in TO, or B&M (just like those on JK said) as great as Ballistics are, the cost is gonna go way up to get it over the border and delivered (customs, taxes, UPS brokerage fees)

secondly... why 7" to fit 33" I have 33" and maybe pushing 5.5" and don't plan on ever going higher, but will have 36-37's probably this time next year.
I am east of Oshawa, come check out my 5.5" TNT long arms on 33's. with tons of flex.

Why the big jump to 7"s of Lift?
With that much Lift you will run into a myriad of problems to say the least.
If I may suggest, stay at 5"s of Lift for 33s and maybe go to 6.5"s of Lift for 35s if you decide to ever go with 35s.

I might be going to 35x10.50x15 Tires with 15x8 Wheels with 3.75 BS with 5"s of Lift. However, my Fenders are fully Cut Out and I will use Hockey Puck Bump Stops and a Rear Truss with 2" Bump Stop Pads. So, in other words, 5"s of Lift is plenty for 33" Tires IMHO.

Why the big jump to 7"s of Lift?
With that much Lift you will run into a myriad of problems to say the least.
If I may suggest, stay at 5"s of Lift for 33s and maybe go to 6.5"s of Lift for 35s if you decide to ever go with 35s.

Not true, I went from 5" w/35's to 8" w/35's and I had no issues! I was worried a bit jumping to 8 inches but 8 on a cherokee is like 6 on a TJ! I have had my clinometer maxed and was still very stable! I do have to agree that 7" is not necessary for 33's!!

The reason I want to go to 7" of lift is because I'm going to 35" tires and I don't see what kind of problems I would run into raising it onther 2". Also when I go to my hunting cabin (even thow I don't hunt ) but it's where I fish I can easily burie my 33" and the swamp water takes a long time to dry up. So with a 7" lift I need to go with a long arm set up but I didn't like the price so I'm going to make it myself. I've checked out ballistic fab and that's where I'm going to order the parts.

Back