• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broke a dad-gum leaf spring eye!!

southernrebel20

NAXJA Forum User
Played around a little in the jeep today, washed it when I got home. While I was drying it off I found half of one of the main leaf eyes on the ground!!!! It came from the driver side spring pack at the front of the pack. I have to get this thing fixed before Tuesday so I called summit racing since they have a store here in GA. They have some Pro Comp 4" springs for $100 a piece with bushings. These any good?? I can go pick them up tomorrow. Couldn't find any info on these springs, any input would be appreciated.

Last edited:
hmmm, I wouldn't mind springing for the BDS or other premium leaf springs, but I need to get this thing moving before the weekends over and summit has these in stock and I can pick them up tomorrow. It sounds like they give a stiff ride, im ok with that, but axle wrap is no good, maybe I can throw in some sort of ladder bar type set up to prevent this, can easily be made from scrap tubing and some old shackles hmmmmm...

Since those Springs are supposed to be so Stiff, you may not have any Axle Wrap Issues. Axle Wrap usually happens with Softer Leaf Springs IMHO.

Here is a Great Site for Axle Wrap Prevention.

http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/tech/susp/axlewrap/

Back