• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stupid wheel bearings going out on my civic. Balls!

boostamante

NAXJA Forum User
Yesterday i decided to check out why when i drive at high speeds my car gets a bit unstable. Well i checked for play in the tie rods and that wasnt it so i check the tires and its got some good wobble on the drivers side. Its got up, down sided to side play. I have already replace inner and outer tie rods on that side so the only thing other than ball joints is the wheel bearing. Ordered some from Rockauto.com for less than 60 bux shipped. VAtozone wanted almost 90 for the same brand. Yikes! I forgot to order the seals but im sure i can get those locally. Maybe i can ask Grimm to help me out on those. I think they even have a machine ship at his shop. Anyway, just venting.

Thats what you get for driving a honda.

:D

Strip it, cage it and bring it to the track with me next month.

Its an 88 Sedan with a 1.5 block and a Vtec Z6 head. Not very fast. PLus its my daily and its got a stupid DX tranny. I do however have 2 SI and 1 ZC trans sitting in my lil junkyard.

Strip it, cage it and bring it to the track with me next month.

Racing a Civic is like special Olympics, Even if you win your still a retard.

Julio if you need help working on it I can give you a hand.

Racing a Civic is like special Olympics, Even if you win your still a retard.

Julio if you need help working on it I can give you a hand.

no, you called me and my car retarded.... im not your friend anymore. :bawl:

:wave1::guitar::moon::laugh:

be happy its ur wheel bearings and not the lca bushings like my civic needed replaced.

started out as a simple bushing replacement, turned into having to replace the knuckle and bushing too. apparently honda said the knuckle was frozen to the lca and they had to break it to remove it, warranty wouldnt cover it because they broke it. so it went from a warranty job to driving it out 600 dollars later.

be happy its ur wheel bearings and not the lca bushings like my civic needed replaced.

started out as a simple bushing replacement, turned into having to replace the knuckle and bushing too. apparently honda said the knuckle was frozen to the lca and they had to break it to remove it, warranty wouldnt cover it because they broke it. so it went from a warranty job to driving it out 600 dollars later.

if that wvwe happens i just take a trip to the junkyard. Plenty of 88-91 civics and all the brake parts are interchangable. The HF/STD civic has the smallest rotors/brakes but otherwise same shit.

If they broke it :twak: then they should replace it :repair:. That's bullsh!t for them to break it then charge you to replace it.

agreed :lecture:

See now thats a touchy subject. As a mechanic i feel there ARE sittuations Where things are gona brake and I AM NOT GONNA BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.

But then again i have had enough of these sittuations to where if i feel theres something not going right, i get up OFF my ass and go get the customer to show them whats going on, and then basicly ask them if they would like me to continue based on the posabiltys.

Its not always an option , things just snap some times, BUT more often then not it is an option.

i say 50/50 depending on what happend.

Beyond that i wouldint take my car in inless it was under warenty so...

XXXX them kinda. But at the same time shit happens.

On a side note i have a Four door GSR, CHIP and PROGRAM honda ECU's.

I LOVE hondas like i have learned to love my jeep.

Basicly i love my jeep for what it can do that my integra cant, and my integra for what my jeep cant. Like turn 8000rpm and pass them stupid chevy and ford guys.

PS.

if you go to replace that wheel bearing clean the area and look for the C clip, i was loosin it one day and just slaped a knuckle on a 20 ton press and started goin at it. Needless to say i popped a ring of the cast right off the knuckle only to find out why. A big fat C clip.... Stupid me. Nice to know that it held on though till the part itself broke. Regardless i was out the cost of the bearing i just baught.......... because when i replaced the knuckled i broke trying to get that bearing in the new knuckle had a good bearing already in it.

F'in loser

Last edited:
Back