• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time for some new shocks

matt6669

NAXJA Member # 1602
Ok I seem to of found myself in a little bit of a dilemma. I can't seem to find a shock that is going to work with my setup.

Right now without a winch on the front of my truck but with a winch bumper my resting height of shock eye to eye is 18-1/2 inches.

I have enough room to get 6-1/2 inches of up travel but I would be fine with only 4 inches of up travel.

It seems no matter what company shock I look at nothing works. I either end up with 4 inches up and 4 inches down, or 2 inches up and 8 inches down etc nothing seems to make sense.

Anyone have any ideas??

I thought about adding a spacer up front but like how my truck sits so I don't really want to affect the ride height.

Thanks
Matt

Ok I seem to of found myself in a little bit of a dilemma. I can't seem to find a shock that is going to work with my setup.

Right now without a winch on the front of my truck but with a winch bumper my resting height of shock eye to eye is 18-1/2 inches.

I have enough room to get 6-1/2 inches of up travel but I would be fine with only 4 inches of up travel.

It seems no matter what company shock I look at nothing works. I either end up with 4 inches up and 4 inches down, or 2 inches up and 8 inches down etc nothing seems to make sense.

Anyone have any ideas??

I thought about adding a spacer up front but like how my truck sits so I don't really want to affect the ride height.

Thanks
Matt
Have you discoed the shocks to actually see what is needed up and down.is it bump stopped.

my up is only limited by my shocks, plenty of wheel room, and the tri link flexes enough so at ride height i have 6-1/2 to bumpstops but don't need 6-1/2 I'm fine with 4. Downtravel doesn't matter since my shocks are going to be my limiting factor here do to the tri link as well. So whatever my shocks stop at, I will adjust limiting straps to stop like a half an inch less than the shocks.

I'm also throwing around the idea of building a shock hoop, but there sure isn't a lot of room up front.

Back