• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

smallest add a leaf available?

xj_punk

NAXJA Forum User
so i have a teraflex lift shackle (1.5") on the rear with stock springs and an extra main leaf added in (as per go-jeeps write-up) and the springs have a little negative arch now and are way too soft... i blew out a shock yesterday on the trail, and i know i need to lengthen my bumpstops but i am working on it.

i have a 1.75" spacer up front but i have some 2-3" coils i am going to throw in and i will cut down the spacer to put me right around 3" so that is the height i would like for the rear as well.

so i really need to get some extra lift to help out with my longer shocks, what add a leafs do you guys run or does anyone know of a junkyard leaf i could throw in that would have the same effect. i am not super fond of add a leafs but it is a far better option than blocks.

thanks
nate

so i am already thinking that a bastard pack would be ideal, has anyone added a leaf or two to get 1.5-2" of lift? that would be ideal for me

2" AAL springs available every where, Rusty and Rough country have em. get teh Long ones.

Bastard would ride better. Pick-up a set of s10 springs at the JY. Use the top leaf. Might have to mix and match to get exact heght you want.

Or get the OEM HD leafs from quadratec. They're supposed to be about an inch higher than stock, and would ride nice.

Thats the route I'm going and I too have the 1.5" lift shackles with stock springs. throwing some V8 ZJ springs up front.

pick up a set of springs for a xj at a junk yard and use your main leaf and second leaf to basterd it. I did mine last week netted about 2.5in but my leafs were good to start with, yours sound pretty shot if there basterd all ready and dearched. Even a god AAL wont last that long.

thanks for the tips guys, does anyone know if putting in one dakota or s10 leaf would give me 1.5-2" of lift? i still have that other set of xj packs, i can cut down the other leafs to stagger the size of them and put as many as i need in there but since my leafs are already flat it probably won't net me much at all

Back