• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Help?

knockedout88xj

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 87 xj and i plan on lifting it, i had done a 3 inch before but i have a off the wall question, my cherokee's driver side top leaf is broken now would it be possible to take my leafs apart, take the top one out and just put an add a leaf in there? or should i just suck it up and buy new 3inch leafs?

Are you talking about the main leaf with the eyes to mount or unde rthat? Since you want to do a lift either get a new leaf pack or build a bastard pack, find another set of XJ leafs and either some dakota or S-10 springs.. There is a write up for this. AAl's are horrible, some do it with success but prone to sag/rough ride.

Why not use Main Springs from Longer Leaf Packs of your choice and weld up some Leaf Spring Rear Relocation Mounts. They would give you better Flex with a Longer Main Spring.

Stock Leaf Springs Page 1. Leaf Spring Rear Mount Relocaters Page 2.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1004504

Hope this helps.

Back