• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone heard of Iceland Offroad Products

hmmmmm...interesting
i would like to see what a fiberglass bumper could do

Ive never peronaly seen them but I wouldnt trust a winch bumper that only mounts to the factory 3 holes!

XX1_528.jpg

The way I beat on my Custom 4x4 fabrications trailblazer winch bumper, I wouldnt trust anything fiberglass to take its place.

Its probably designed to work in snowy/icy enviorments where the pulls dont put as much strain on the bumper like the rocks, mud, and wet sand present. I wouldnt trust it though.

I'll pass. Maybe if they were 1/4 carbon fiber, I'd look into it. I'll stick with heavy steel that has no chance of cracking if I hit a tree.

So it looks like I will be grabbing one of these bumpers through work, I am going to talk to try to talk to the owner of Iceland Offroad tomorrow and see if we can get the mounting system changed over to one that uses more bolts to the body.

-Alex

I just had a nice talk with Emil over at Iceland Offroad. It looks like I am going to be trying out one of their XJ winch bumpers, and he is going to tie the mounting system further back to incorporate the steering box bolts and tow hook bracket bolts. Once I get this and try it out I will let you guys all know how well it works.

-Alex

Dont knock glass. I worked at a boat shop, my 16foot glastron is 3/16 thick. Not much glass there and it takes a beating.

I glassed some bi-mat on both sides of 1/4" plywood and an 8 foot piece was very surprisingly hard to break at 8" wide to throw in the dumpster.

This looks interesting...

Does anyone know what the tow hook mounting bolts thread too? Maybe another plate with nuts welded into it, or something like that which would distribute the load?

Back