• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar relocation bracket ?

Joepoppa1

NAXJA Forum User
Is anyone currently using or have used a trackbar relocation bracket on the axle side of their XJ? My axle is offset to the drivers side about 2" and I have one I was gonna put on. I was wondering, other than losing a bit of clearance at the bracket, are their any drawbacks to using these brackets? I dont have that much lift on my rig, so I'm not too worried about the ball joint angle at the frame. I just want to know if I will run into any issue runing this untill I can get my adjustable TB.
This is like the bracket that I am talking about...

26071040005_large.jpg

trackbarrelocationbracketfront.gif

Last edited:
throw it in the trash and buy a decent adjustable trackbar

I will when I can afford one, but I want to see if this will cause more headaches than I have now with alignment issues, wobble and steering.

simply put its leverage. when you use a relocation bracket it will add stress to the mount and hardware. I have seen several guys here with tj's that tried relocation brackets. all have since spent alot more money than they needed to. Cheap parts end up costing you more than the quality parts will in the long run.

Not to mention I believe you need to enlarge the factory mounting hole to install the bracket making going to an adjustable in the future even more of a pain.

Besides, doesn't the bracket only adjust the track over an inch? You want 2" over right?

[FONT=&quot]I'm confused why you would want to LOWER the axle end of the trackbar.
That's is going to throw the alignment geometry off and cause bump steer.
The trackbar and drag link are supposed to stay parallel to each other.
The relocation bracket would seem to make things worse.

The common response (and IMO, the correct one) is to get a decent adjustable trackbar.[/FONT]

Back