• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stranded in Pittsburgh, Code 41

TommyRumble

NAXJA Forum User
Alternator field not switching! I had Napa send off the ECU for a refurrb because I got stranded in Beckley 2 weeks ago. I am trying to get back Home to Atlanta.

Got the ECU back, because that was the solution the dealer recomended and I had no other choices, but it is still doing it. Voltmeter inside stays around 9 but was at around 14 briefly after the ECU was replaced. Put a new battery in just in case, cause the old one ran dead in Beckly. Voltmeter at the battery says 12.47 when of and drops to 12, then 11.9 when running and lights are on. Dash meter stays at 9.

Man I have to get home. Help Me.

T

now it tested fine. But did you happen to check the voltage at the back of it while running? you know just for shits and giggles.

I did just run it down to my budies shop (used to live here) and the dash meter read just under 14v the whole way, about 10 miles. Was reading around 9 when I drove it earlier today. WTF

Back