• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric radiator fan direction

It's backwards.

Cooling air should always flow front-to-back over the radiator. A fan is either a "pusher" or a "puller" - depending upon what side of the radiator it's on. A fan in front is a "pusher" (it pushes air over the radiator,) and a fan behind is a "puller" (it pulls air over.)

The fix should be simple - reverse the two wires connecting the fan. DC motors (like the one in your fan) will spin in the opposite direction if you reverse the power wires.

5-90

Interesting,... can the connector be put on the wrong way? I've been looking at an overheating problem which I partially resoved this weekend but am wondering. My XJ was backed into by a stupid kid in a Bronco, stereo blasting so he couldn't hear my horn. The shop that put it back together screwed up a couple of things and now I'm wondering if they reversed the connector of the fan.

It is easy to tell if the fan is blowing backwards, I walked past the front and was hit by hot air. This may explain my overheating also. Thanks, I was pretty sure it was wrong.

next time smack the kid around it'll make ya feel better

Back