• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help no blower ,radio,a/c and no blinkers

rockcrusher

NAXJA Forum User
Every thing was working fine. I turned off the jeep come back out and nothing worked. I checked all the fusesand still nothing. Its like im not getting any power to fuse box. I ran in to this problem a few days ago when i was installing my radio, someone had hacked the wires out of it. So I reran the power to fuse box just to get the radio to work and a remote speaker. I was not getting any power to the radio fuse so i ran the wire to the rear wiper. It worked fine and that was a week ago. It a 89 xj 4.0 AW4 242. I was told that it cound be something to do with the switch. Ive tried to search with some luck. This is what i know is not working blinkers, radio, rear wiper, a/c , blower, aux fan. It does seem that the switch could be bad but which part im not sure of. Any help is greatly needed.:confused1

I really can't think of a common power source for the radio and the blower motor, except the ignition switch. You may have two sub systems crossed up with creative wiring and a single fusible link burnt out. Cross wiring sub systems can have interesting results, especially if a ground is loose or disconnected someplace.
The ignition switch is actually a stack of switches or various combinations of contacts, to turn on sub systems. One part of the switch may be faulty and the others unaffected, but it is replaced as a unit.
The brown wire in the ignition switch is a known trouble spot and many have found this sub system wire crispy and cooked at the switch.
EcoMike did a fairly comprehensive writeup on the problem, think it was in the "Renix Files thread". The Renix files is a good read anyway, though it may have been another thread. You may want to PM EcoMike and ask him.

Thanks for the info. I went and bought the ing. switch last night and I hopefully will get time to night to change it. I will let you know how it goes.

Back