• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaking Transmission Oil Line Fix?

xthejuicex

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all. I recently installed my new 3 row radiator from CSF and the where the upper transmission fluid line goes into the radiator tube is leaking. It seems that the hose does not want to go all the way on it. It is not leaking too fast, about a drop ever 2 seconds. I was wondering if I could use some caulk to seal it to stop the leaking. Will this take the heat of the engine and also will the oil eat through the caulk. Other options are also appreciated. Thanks.

Also, just wanted to say that I am not bashing CSF. It is not a problem with their radiator, but the hose and connector thing in the hose. The radiator has solved my overheating problem and does not leak (the other hose (new) is the cause of the leak, or the connector thing)

Now if I read that correctly I don't see why you can not seal it. I would not use caulk...maybe RTV, I am a firm believer in the red RTV, as long as you clean the surface very thoroughly. But I would do it right and change the line out, or just the fitting. Make sure its not cross threaded or that its not in the radiator itself.

Thanks for the help. I guess Ill get some new fittings. Got the last ones at AutoZone. Should I go somewhere else for them?

Back