• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rocker panel sliders

96TNXJ

NAXJA Forum User
For those of you that have cut out your rockers and put in steel. Do you still like it?? How are do you think it was?? Was there any little tricks that you would pass on?? Im thinking about doing this but Im not real sure. Oh and if I did this what would I need to put on my shopping list?? TIA (I searched didnt have luck most people were doing this with boatsides I decided not to)

You will want to put some 2X2 square tubing up inside the door sill channels to give vertical support to your rails. I have done 2X4 rails and 2X6 rails. I like the 2X6 for serious wheeling. I also used some 1 1/2 X 2 1/2 tube to make kickers to the frame on my rig with 2X6 rails. This makes rails that can be used to pivot around rocks and won't crumple the sheetmetal when you drop it onto a rock. If you want pics send me a PM.

I believe GenRight has a kit you can buy if you want. Looks to me like other people just bought a section of box steel and started cutting.

Back