• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rough country lift

deathwobble4x4

NAXJA Forum User
Just put a 4.5 inch lift on my cherokee and now I have the death wobble. At around 55mph or any speed when I hit a bump, My front end goes crazy with a very pronounced wobble> Can anybody tell me what this is?

Wow first post and already a red member congrats!
As to the DEATHWOBBLE check your alignment retorque all the conponenets and get your tires balanced good luck

did your lift come with an adjustable track bar? i'd be willing to bet it isnt adjusted right if so. if not, i hope it at least came with a longer one. you are going to need to adjust the track bar to re-center the front axle, this can cause alot of deathwobble problems. also, as stated above make sure everything is still tight. its not unheard of for bolts and nuts to loosen back up after the first 5 miles or so as everything settles into place.

You are right, it did not come with a adj track bar. The instructions required me to drill a new hole fore the existing track bar. I think I will invest in one to save my life. I knew I should have went with RE but the price was right for my first lift

They just came out with a new track bar think it is less than 200 for the bar and the frame side mount. Cant beat RC's price to get you into the game. IMO welcome by the way.

I run the 6.5 lift, they are a great lift..I havent had any death wobble with mine..I havent even had the tires balanced ..What part of indio you in? We have some guys up in La Quinta, they can help.. If not you can hit me up..
Good luck..

Check out the desert rats tread, post up to see if we can get you some help if needed ok..You will find most of these guys on naxja are really helpful..Lot's of good info..

You are right, it did not come with a adj track bar. The instructions required me to drill a new hole fore the existing track bar. I think I will invest in one to save my life. I knew I should have went with RE but the price was right for my first lift

Go stand in front of your Jeep and look carefully at the relation to the tires versus the center of the rig. You'll notice they have shifted over to one side.

BTW... welcome to the money pit.

DW, pm me. Monday-tuesday is no good for me...Hows your wednesday?

the rough country Adjustable trac bar and bracket is like $120 after Naxja discount

Try checking your toe... for some odd reason mine was off after I lifted it... adjusted it and now I can do 90 on the freeway with no wobble. =)

I AGREE. If you don't set the toe after a lift you will have super-death wobble. Just ask Rambo. He lifted his Jeep and had death wobble. He came over to my place and 15 minutes later we had the toe set and the death wobble gone.

If you're on short arms then you may need to look at getting drop brackets. If you have adjustable upper arms you can adjust them to change the caster and improve or eliminate the death wobble. You also need to make sure the toe is correct. With short arms and no drop brackets it may be impossible to completely get rid of death wobble. If you relocated the track bar and the bushings are O.K. then that is probably not your problem. First make sure everything connected to the axle is tight and not worn excessively. If all is good then check the toe, if that's good then you are gonna need drop brackets or adjustable upper arms.

Back