• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help

90jeepfullofmud

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 1990 jeep i was driving than it just died and would not start towed it home it start today if you give it gas it some time pops and other time just dies and no it was no spark

You need to shorten your sentences, or add punctuation, to your runnnnnnon sentences so we can understand what your actually saying.

Does it have spark or not?

if you un plug the vac line to the map Sensor it will run. if you give it gas it will die
OK, that last part is actually normally. Are you saying it will not run, idle, start, with the vac line connected to the MAP sensor?

And that answers the other question, it runs so it has spark and fuel.

search for crankshaft position sensor and you should find a step by step way to tell you how to fix it or at least diagnose what's going on better.

search for crankshaft position sensor and you should find a step by step way to tell you how to fix it or at least diagnose what's going on better.
Why do think it is the CPS? He has just said it runs with the map unplugged?

Sounds like the MAP sensor may be bad, but they rarely go bad.

What happens if you start it with the MAP unplugged, then reconnect the MAP?

Are you unhooking the vacumn line to the MAP or the electrical connector? I think you need to verify that the fuel pressure is good. Some stores like Autozone will loan you a fuel pressure guage.

In that case I would change the MAP sensor.

it has a new fuel pump and fuel filter i am unplugging the vacumn line to the MAP

Then the MAP sensor must be bad. Which is rare, but does happen.

Check that it is an OEM MAP, and some custom adjustable MAP.

Back